Lawrence Haas has more than 20 years of experience advising multinational companies, banks and other financial institutions on a broad range of financial issues. He was named one of the Leading Lawyer in Illinois for three consecutive years — 2006, 2007 and 2008 — for banking and financial institution law, and is listed as a leading finance lawyer for 2009 by Legal 500 United States.
Mr. Haas represents multinational companies, banks, funds and other financial institutions in structuring and negotiating general lending and syndicated loan transactions, with an emphasis on asset-backed transactions.
He also represents clients on acquisition financings and public finance transactions and provides sound counsel to banks and other financial institutions on industry regulations.
- University of Chicago Law School (J.D.) (1986)
- Duke University (A.B. summa cum laude) (1983)
- University of Kent at Canterbury (1982)
Admissions : Illinois~United States (1986)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Representative Legal Matters:
- Represented a US bank as administrative agent, security agent and lender in the syndication of a $220 million asset-based revolving credit facility for a major steel processing company
- Represented a European venture capital fund in connection with $1.25 billion senior and mezzanine financing to acquire an international medical technology company
- Represented an international consulting services firm with respect to a $200 million multicurrency asset-backed revolving credit and term loan facility to acquire various entities
- Represented a car care products manufacturer with respect to a $50 million syndicated, asset-backed revolving credit and term loan facility
Rate : $$$