Lawrence Steckman has more than thirty years experience litigating securities, RICO and business cases. In July, 2006, Super Lawyers Magazine, in its first New York edition, identified Mr. Steckman as one of New York’s “Super Lawyers” in securities litigation and business law and he received that honor again most recently in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017.
Mr. Steckman has handled billions of dollars in client matters, has overseen the dismissal of billions of dollars in claims against his clients and has been counsel in leading securities, derivatives and RICO litigations as well as securities and commercial arbitration disputes. He is the author or lead co-author of more than fifty published works on the law.
Mr. Steckman’s practice areas include securities and derivatives private and class suits, including Rule 10b-5 litigation, complex federal and state commercial litigation, prosecuting and defending civil RICO private and class suits, merger and acquisition litigation, bond, arbitrage and real estate fraud litigation, corporate, contract, and commercial litigation, international commercial arbitration, broker-dealer and broker-customer securities arbitration, including, municipal arbitrage fraud arbitration, securities regulatory matters and professional liability and D&O litigation.
He has represented mutual, hedge and private equity funds, insurance companies, accounting and audit firms, real estate/mortgage companies, technology companies, a financial strength rating company, officers of domestic and foreign companies, investment bankers, brokers, law firms, lawyers and entrepreneurs.
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, J.D., cum laude, 1988, Law Review
- Columbia University, Doctoral Candidate Masters, Philosophy, 1983
- Long Island University, B.A., 1977 (Philosophy – summa cum laude)
- Long Island University, B.A., 1977 (music performance summa cum laude – classic guitar)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District, New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District, New York
- California Superior Court, Los Angeles County
- New Jersey Superior Court
- U.S. District Court, New Jersey (Newark)
- U.S. District Court, Central Division of Utah
- Board of Advisors, Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 Reporter, 1996-2018
- American Bar Association Antitrust, RICO and Labor Law Committee, 2004-2018
- Practicing Law Institute Securities Arbitration Faculty, 1996, 1998-1999, 2001, 2004, 2008-2009
- New York State Bar Association Committee on Securities Litigation, 1995-1997
Rate : $$$$