Lea Pauley Goff chairs the Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring practice and serves as co-chair of the Banking Litigation practice. She also serves on SKO’s Executive Committee. She practices principally from SKO’s Louisville office, focusing on business insolvency matters and commercial litigation.
Lea’s practice includes business bankruptcy and restructuring, informal liquidations, commercial foreclosures, conduit loan issues, lender liability matters, loan participation disputes, and other credit facility disputes and commercial litigation in Kentucky and around the United States.
She assists creditors and debtors in industries including energy, healthcare, construction, manufacturing, automotive, retail, mining, entertainment, restaurant, equine and others.
Recent representative engagements include:
- In re Armstrong Coal (2018) (represented Debtor’s largest customer concerning complex supply contract assumption and rejection in Chapter 11) (St. Louis, Missouri)
- In re Arch Coal, Inc. (2017) (special counsel to Debtor and counsel to utility creditor in Chapter 11) (St. Louis, Missouri)
- In re CRS Reprocessing, LLC (2017-18) (represented Chapter 11 Debtor in obtaining successful 363 sale) (Louisville, Kentucky)
- In re CC Operations, LLC (2018) (represents equity holder in payment operation case) (Louisville, Kentucky)
- In re The Roomstores of Phoenix (2018) (defending multinational manufacturer/distributor from bankruptcy preference claims) (Phoenix, Arizona)
- In re hhgregg, Inc. (2018) (defended multinational manufacturer/distributor from bankruptcy preference claims (Indianapolis, Indiana)
- In re The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. (2018) (represent supplier) (Delaware)
- Post Confirmation Committee of Integrity Feeds, LLC v. Lakeland Animal Nutrition (2015) (defended a multinational manufacturer against post-acquisition fraudulent conveyance claim) (Tampa, Florida)
- In re Shreibman (2012) (represented largest secured lender in $60 million individual Chapter 11) (Nashville, Tennessee)
- Vanderbilt University Law School 1985, J.D.
- University of Louisville 1982, B.A.
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- American Bar Association, member
- Louisville Bar Association, member; Bankruptcy Section Chair, 2010
- American Bankruptcy Institute, member
- Kentucky Bankers Association, Bank Counsel Division
- Credit Abuse Resistance Education Program
- Stage One Family Theatre, board member
- St. John Lutheran Church, volunteer
Rate : $$$