Lei Shen is a partner in the Cybersecurity & Data Privacy and Technology Transactions practices in Mayer Brown’s Chicago office. Lei advises clients regarding a wide range of global data privacy and security issues.
She advises companies on navigating and complying with state, federal, and international privacy regulations, including with regard to global data transfers, data breach notification, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), CAN-SPAM, and more.
She also advises on e-commerce issues, such as electronic contracting and signatures, and on issues concerning mobile privacy and emerging technologies, such as telematics services, Internet of Things, and big data.
She regularly negotiates data privacy and security provisions in vendor agreements. Lei has passed the Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US) certification exam offered by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP). Lei was named to Global Data Review’s “40 Under 40” list for top data lawyers from around the world.
- Northwestern University School of Law, JD
- University of California, Berkeley, BA, with high honors
Admissions : Illinois
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Member, Advisory Board of the Chinese American Bar Association of Greater Chicago (CABA).
- Provided counsel with respect to global privacy and data transfer issues, including to a global chemicals company with privacy and data transfer issues in more than 25 countries in connection with its spin off of an existing business division into a separate company.
- Advised various clients with respect to electronic signatures, including a futures brokerage, a developer of apartment communities, and a community foundation. Advised various clients in their evaluation and implementation of electronic signatures in connection with a recording vaulting system, including the financial division of a diversified Fortune Top 10 company, an automobile manufacturer and a global pharmaceutical company.
- Advised various clients with respect to issues concerning big data and Internet of Things, including advising a global safety consulting and certification company regarding its data analytics capabilities, with a particular focus on permitted uses of data received from its commercial test clients and from its own service activities.
- Advised various clients regarding telematics issues, including a global automobile manufacturer in connection with its onboard telematics systems and related data usage.
- Drafted and negotiated privacy-related agreements, including intercompany transfer agreements, data processing agreements, and vendor agreements.
Rate : $$$