Lina Y. Garcia is Senior Counsel in Gordon & Rees’ Commercial Litigation, Consumer Protection Defense, Drug & Medical Device, and Tort & Product Liability practice groups. Ms. Garcia’s diverse civil practice includes litigation experience in commercial, construction, director & officer liability, employment, environmental/toxic tort, and products liability matters, focusing on mass tort litigation.
Ms. Garcia has represented companies, who manufacture, sell, and market prescription medications, over-the-counter medications, personal care products, and vaccines in mass tort litigations. Ms. Garcia represents both self-insured and insured, individuals and corporate clients in state and federal courts.
Ms. Garcia serves as national and regional counsel in multi-district litigations, pending in both state and federal venues. Ms. Garcia has vast experience with the day-to-day management of mass tort litigation, extensive pretrial motion practice, assisting in the preparation of company witnesses for deposition, document management, expert witness recruitment, and trial preparation.
Ms. Garcia enjoys counseling her clients in the various options they have in resolving their matters and navigating them through whatever process they choose, whether it be litigation or alternative dispute resolution. Ms. Garcia is also a certified mediator.
- J.D., Baylor Law School, 2002
- B.A., The University of Texas at Austin, 1999
- United States District Court, Northern, Eastern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas
- DRI-The Voice of the Defense Bar
- American Bar Association
- Texas Association of Mediators
- State Bar of Texas, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section
Community Involvement :
- Girl Scouts of Central Texas, troop leader and service unit recruitment volunteer
- The Junior League of Austin, former
- Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas, Intake Counselor, former
Rate : $$$