Lindita V. Ciko Torza assists clients with international regulatory and enforcement matters, trade remedies, investor-state dispute resolution and international arbitration. Her experience includes advising clients on Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) compliance and other anticorruption laws.
Having worked four years as an associate in the Mexico City office of an international law firm, Lindita has extensive experience counseling Mexican companies on matters involving international trade and anti-corruption compliance, as well as counseling foreign companies on Mexican regulations.
- Represents clients before the Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration and the International Trade Commission in Antidumping and Countervailing Duty Investigations and Administrative Reviews.
- Represents clients in investment disputes before NAFTA Dispute Resolution Tribunals.
- Designed an anti-corruption program for the Mexican subsidiary of a major multinational company and counseled on implementation.
- Member of team that participated in an internal investigation related to discrepancies in a major transportation company’s financial statements, at the request of the company’s board of directors.
- Counseled U.S. companies and their subsidiaries in legal and regulatory changes in Mexico, primarily in the energy and telecommunications sectors.
- Counseled a Mexican construction company in an engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contract related to the construction of a port terminal. Researched International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC) rules on EPC contracts and drafted memorandum.
- Advised a major satellite company on potential disputes under a bilateral investment treaty (BIT).
- American Bar Association
- Albanian American Law Society: Founding member (2010 to present)
- J.D., Boston College Law School, 2012; Law and Justice in the Americas, Editorial Assistant
- M.A., B.A., Boston University, 2009, magna cum laude; Major: Philosophy, Minor: Russian and Eastern European Studies
- New York
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$