For more than 15 years, Louis S. Mercedes has advised clients in the area of corporate law, concentrating on private equity, M&A, recapitalizations, and other complex business transactions in the United States and abroad. He has experience across various industries, including financial services, health care, technology, communications, and media.
Prior to joining Jones Day in 2014, Louis represented the lead private equity investors in a joint venture with Warner Bros. totaling $600 million (the transaction was awarded “Media Industry Deal of Year” by Investment Dealers’ Digest).
He also represented private equity funds or investors in: making a controlling investment in a Brazilian fiber company; the acquisition of a money transfer business with operations in the United States, Guatemala, Mexico, and Spain; the acquisition of wireless PCS assets divested from Cingular Wireless; the negotiation of controlling investments in a Puerto Rican cable TV operator; and the successful $160 million acquisition of a Puerto Rican wireless company pursuant to a Section 363 bankruptcy auction.
Louis is a member of the Boston, Massachusetts, and American Bar Associations as well as the Massachusetts Association of Hispanic Attorneys. He is a board member of United South End Settlements, an organization devoted to improving the lives of low-income individuals.
- Boston College (J.D. 2001; M.B.A. 2001; B.A. 1997)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts
- MassMutual International sells 85.1 percent of MassMutual Japan to Nippon Life
- EagleTree Capital portfolio company acquires HotelsWorld
- EagleTree Capital portfolio company acquires hotel investment event portfolio from Burba Hotel Network
- EagleTree Capital portfolio company acquires TEAMS Conference + Expo and Meetings Quest conferences from Schneider Publishing
- Wasserstein & Co. portfolio company acquires Ryan Solutions
Rate : $$$$