For more than a dozen years, M. Anne Kaufold-Wiggins has successfully defended her clients at every stage of litigation, including in trial, upon dispositive motions, and on appeal. Anne takes a proactive role in serving her client’s needs. Anne specializes in representing electric utilities, including both investor-owned utilities and electric membership corporations.
Anne regularly handles a wide variety of litigation, including high stakes personal injury and wrongful death cases, fire cause and origin claims, complex commercial litigation, class actions, environmental torts, and other energy-related litigation.
She counsels her electric utility clients with respect to policy matters including corporate governance, new technology initiatives (e.g., advanced metering (AMI) and joint use (pole attachment) issues.
Anne’s objective is to minimize the intrusion of litigation, allowing her clients to focus on their businesses. Anne invests in understanding those businesses and strategically partnering with her clients to minimize risks.
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, J.D. & Certificate in Advanced Legal Writing, 2005,
- University of Georgia, B.A., 2002,
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- Georgia State Courts
- Georgia Superior Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
Bar Admissions : Georgia, 2005
- Mercer University School of Law Alumni Board, President
- Georgia Electric Membership Corporation Counsel Association
- Women’s Energy Network, Sponsorship Director
- American Bar Association
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$$