Malcolm J. Pitchford is a member of the Financial Institutions and Financial Services practice groups, Mike has substantial experience in representing financial institutions and other lenders in a wide variety of commercial lending and related transactions with respect to the acquisition, development, and construction of residential and commercial properties and projects.
In practice for more than four decades, he also has significant experience representing state, regional and national lenders in negotiating and documenting complex acquisition, development, and construction loans; borrowing-based developer loans; asset/cash-flow based financing; multi-state revolving/term loans; mezzanine financing; letters of credit; receivables financing; and loan syndications.
Furthermore, Mike routinely assists lender clients with respect to:
- Documenting and negotiating asset restructuring
- Recovery and disposition
- Collateral and entitlements due diligence
- Loan workouts, (including forbearance, settlement, and confidentiality agreements)
- Deeds in lieu of foreclosure
- Cash collateral arrangements
Mike is a member of The Florida Bar and the American Bar Association, and is enrolled as a solicitor of the Law Society of England and Wales. He has been board certified as a real estate specialist for more than 25 years and has twice been appointed to serve on the Real Estate Certification Committee of The Florida Bar.
He is also a member of the following committees/subcommittees of the American Bar Association: banking law, commercial and real estate lending, loan practices, and lender liability.
- J.D., University of Florida, 1974
- B.A., University of Florida, 1971
Bar and Court Admissions:
- Florida, 1974
- United States District Court Middle District of Florida
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- The Florida Bar’s, Twelfth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee (12A), former Chair
- Florida Bar’s Florida Attorneys Saving Homes Program (“FASH”)
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- American Bar Association Banking Law; Subcommittee on Commercial and Real Estate Lending; Environmental, Energy and Natural Resources Law; Subcommittee on Lenders’ Issues, Multi-Disciplinary Practice, Ethics, Professionalism and Public Education; and Loan Practices and Lender Liability Committees
- Florida Bar Real Estate Certification Committee
- Sarasota County Chamber of Commerce, Committee of 100
Rate : $$$