Marc D. Mantell’s practice focuses on corporate and securities law matters, primarily for companies engaged in the technology ecosystem. Marc represents private and public companies, investors, underwriters, and other parties in a broad range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, and debt financings.
He has extensive experience representing venture-backed and closely held companies and private equity firms in middle-market mergers and acquisitions transactions across a broad range of industries, including technology and software, medical device and life sciences, industrial and manufacturing, and retail and consumer products.
His experience includes strategic acquisitions and divestitures, private equity transactions, complex earn-out arrangements, cross-border deals, equity and debt financings, and recapitalizations.
Marc also routinely serves as a trusted advisor to both domestic and non US-based companies in the establishment of new businesses and the ongoing compliance with US corporate and securities laws and other regulations related to the entities’ inbound transactions and business goals.
Before joining Mintz, Marc practiced in the Boston office of an international law firm. Prior to practicing law, he taught history and government at a private school in Maine.
- Boston Dynamics in its acquisition of Kinema Systems, a developer of deep-learning software and vision sensors
- LPL Financial (NASDAQ: LPLA) in its acquisition of AdvisoryWorld, a provider of digital solutions designed to help financial advisors attract and serve client assets
- Microbot Medical (NASDAQ: MBOT) in its reverse merger, going public transaction and several registered direct offerings
- KD Pharma, a German-based Omega-3 producer, in its merger with Marine Ingredients, its investment in Nutriceutical Holdings and its acquisition of the Ocean Blue brand assets
- Censa Pharmaceuticals in its strategic collaboration with Retrophin, Inc. (NASDAQ: RTRX), which included an exclusive option for Retrophin to acquire Censa
- Feeney Brothers Utility Services in its merger with DDS Companies, a provider of utility, engineering and telecommunications services
- Emory University in its joint venture with two clinical diagnostic testing companies, Eurofins Genomic Clinical Diagnostics US Holdings, Inc. and EGL Genetic Diagnostics LLC
- Columbia Capital, in its strategic investment in IntelliBatt, a California-based battery backup and predictive services company
- Natural foods maker, FoodShouldTasteGood, in its sale to General Mills (NYSE: GIS)
- Co-chair, Business Transactions Section, Boston Bar Association
- Former Co-chair, Mergers & Acquisitions Subcommittee, Boston Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors, America SCORES New England, a Boston nonprofit that provides youth soccer and literacy programs
- University of Virginia (JD)
- Williams College (BA, cum laude)
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts
Rate : $$$$