Marisa Ann Martin Lewandowski is an associate in the firm’s North America Climate Change and Environmental Markets Practice. Based in Chicago, she advises multinational companies on federal and state climate change law and policy initiatives in the US and internationally and helps clients create carbon strategies.
Ms. Martin advises clients on carbon transactions and domestic and international carbon regulation with a focus on California climate policy. She helps companies develop carbon strategies and advises clients on various carbon transactions in the voluntary and compliance carbon markets.
- L’Institut Universitaire de Hautes Études Internationales (Certificate International Relations) (2006)
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D.) (2003)
- University of Michigan (Master of Science) (2003)
- Northwestern University (B.A. magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa) (1999)
- Illinois~United States (2007)
- California~United States (2004)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Illinois State Bar Association – Member
- American Bar Association – Vice-Chair for Climate Change, Climate Change, Sustainable Development and Ecosystem Committee
- California State Bar Association – Member
Representative Legal Matters:
- Advised clients with various aspects of the California cap-and-trade program, including assisting with submissions to the California Air Resources Board.
- Advised project developers, offtakers and financial institutions regarding the participation in the California carbon market, including conversion of CRTs to CCOs and invalidation risk.
- Advised a state government and an electricity generator on state and federal carbon capture and storage legislation and carbon market opportunities.
- Represented financial institutions and other market intermediaries on carbon transactions in the secondary carbon market.
Rate : $$$