Mark Hatcher focuses on corporate and commercial law transactions and has extensive experience with healthcare transactions, regulatory compliance and patient privacy matters. He takes a comprehensive approach to his work, counseling companies and their management on a wide array of issues, from corporate governance to general compliance.
- Served as lead attorney representing a mid-cap telecommunications company in the stock acquisition of a market rival corporation in central Ohio. Continued representation of the company on matters related to corporate governance.
- Served as lead attorney representing a large parts manufacturer in the negotiation of a settlement agreement and the subsequent divestiture and merger.
- Served as lead attorney on a merger of two regional nonprofit organizations focused on developing and fostering minority-owned enterprises. Serves as outside counsel to the board of directors and organization on matters related to corporate governance, regulatory compliance, and state, local and private business certification guidelines.
- Serves as lead regulatory counsel for a large pharmacy services company and affiliated entities on matters related to HIPAA compliance and fraud and abuse matters.
- Serves as lead attorney representing a large hospital provider in a joint venture transaction with a national dialysis service provider. Provides ongoing assistance to the client on regulatory compliance issues.
- Serves as lead attorney representing a large specialty practice in the negotiation of a real property purchase for a new medical facility and dialysis center.
- Serves as outside general counsel to a management consulting and hospitality company on matters related to corporate governance, joint ventures and employment agreements.
- Served on a team of lawyers representing a privately held company engaged in parimutuel wagering in the sale of its assets to a competing franchise in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation
- American Bar Association: Business Law Section
- National Bar Association: Commercial Law Section
- Ohio State Bar Association: Real Property Section Council
- CALIBR Global Leadership Network: Class of 2014
- Ohio Supreme Court, Commission on Continuing Legal Education: Commissioner
- Central State University: Board of Trustees, appointed by Governor John R. Kasich
- The King Arts Complex: Board of Trustees
- Ohio Physicians Health Program: Board of Trustees
- Isabelle Ridgway Care Center: Chairman of the Board
- LL.M., Business and Taxation, with concentration in Corporate Governance and Finance, Capital University Law School, 2006
- J.D., Capital University Law School, 2006; cum laude; Business Editor, Capital University Law Review; Order of the Coif
- B.A., Criminology, The Ohio State University, 1997
- U.S. Tax Court, 2008
- Ohio, 2006
Rate : $$$