Mark C. Hegarty began his legal career as a law clerk for The Hon. James K. Logan of the U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Judicial Circuit. Since then, his practice has focused on nationwide complex litigation, including the defense of pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers.
Such litigation has involved numerous cases in state and federal trial and appellate courts throughout the United States.
Mark has spoken on numerous occasions regarding various litigation topics, including at several Drug Information Association meetings and at the Defense Research Institute’s Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Annual Meeting.
He assisted in program scheduling for the Drug Information Association’s Annual Meeting from 1995 to 2014. Before pursuing a legal career, Mark worked as a process engineer for AT&T in its semiconductor manufacturing division.
Complex Litigation – Since 1991, Mark has represented numerous companies in a variety of complex litigations. These litigations, among other things, have involved product liability claims, insurance coverage disputes, advertising claims and securities.
- J.D., University of Kansas School of Law, 1990
- B.S., Kansas State University, 1984 (Chemical Engineering)
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- Defense Research Institute
- The Kansas Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
Rate : $$$