Mark A. Kromkowski has represented investment funds and portfolio companies in all types of private equity and corporate M&A transactions. He also has extensive experience counseling fund managers in all aspects of fund formation and administration.
He has developed a substantial practice in the areas of complex financings, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate representation for private and public companies. He also represents regional and national banks in connection with private equity subscription lines of credit and related credit facilities.
He is among a small group of lawyers in the United States who have significant transactional and regulatory experience with Small Business Investment Companies (SBIC Funds) and Rural Business Investment Companies (RBIC Funds). Mark is the chairman of the firm’s fund formation, SBIC practice and the community and regional banking industry team.
- Representation of more than 100 private equity and hedge funds in their formation, fundraising and administration of venture capital, mezzanine, buyout, distressed, and real estate.
- Representation of investment funds in the formation, licensing and operation of Small Business Investment Companies (SBIC Funds).
- Representation of regional and national banks in connection with private equity subscription lines of credit and related credit facilities.
- Representation of investment funds in the formation, licensing and operation of Rural Business Investment Companies (RBIC Funds).
- Regulatory guidance with respect to portfolio company investments and related issues to numerous regulated private equity funds including SBIC Funds.
- Representation of a private equity fund in multiple add-on acquisitions of various manufacturing operations.
- Representation of a private equity fund in acquisition of minority interest in dining and entertainment restaurant chain.
- Representation of Comdisco, Inc. and Comdisco Ventures on various corporate and securities matters.
- Representation of Unilever USA in its sale of Iberia Foods, a Hispanic-branded food products business.
- University of Notre Dame Law School, JD, Executive Editor, Notre Dame Law Review, 1998
- University of Notre Dame, BA, cum laude, Great Books Program, 1992
Admissions : Illinois
- Member, American Bankers Association
- Member, Institutional Investors Committee, American Bar Association
- Member, National Association of Small Business Investment Companies
- Founder and Past President, Irish Forum, 1998-present
- Sponsor, Southern Private Equity Conference/SORASBIC
Rate : $$$$