Mark Barber has handled commercial transaction and litigation matters in a variety of areas, including supply chain logistics, utilities operations, technology licensing and cloud based services, intellectual properties, reseller and dealer arrangements, bid protests, trade practice regulation, employment and non-compete matters, competitor disputes, real estate development disputes, corporate governance and shareholder rights, professional negligence, and commercial debt collection.
In the private sector, Mr. Barber has served clients across a broad range of industries, including energy, rural utility cooperatives, radio communications, e-commerce, transportation services, manufacturing, warehousing and fulfillment, PEO and employment leasing, real estate development, managed healthcare, physicians and physician practice groups, pharmacies, software development, charitable organizations, and property management.
He has handled legal matters for a variety of public sector clients, including in the legislative and executive branches, as well as representation of regional authorities and law enforcement.
Mr. Barber has served as outside general counsel for various organizations. These opportunities have allowed him to gain a working appreciation of the role of general counsel, especially in the context of businesses encountering a rapidly changing regulatory environment.
- Stetson University College of Law, JD, cum laude (2002)
- Liberty University, BS, School of Business and Government, cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Electric Cooperative Bar Association
- Florida Association of Professional Employer Organizations
Community : Mr. Barber regularly volunteers time as a board member or legal advisor to local community and charitable organizations that embrace issues of compassion and justice and which exist to serve the under-resourced.
Rate : $$$