Matt Reeves practices in all areas of intellectual property law and commercial litigation. Matt has extensive experience in all phases of litigation from preliminary injunction proceedings through jury trials, involving claims of patent, copyright and trademark infringement, misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of contract.
His experience also includes arguments at Markman and Daubert hearings and representation of clients at mediation and arbitration.
Matt has extensive experience in the transactional aspects of intellectual property law including preparation and prosecution of U.S. and PCT patent applications, trademark applications and trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings.
His transactional experience also includes intellectual property licensing and drafting of legal opinions on patent validity and non-infringement.
Representative Experience :
- Ruud Lighting, Inc., v. Cooper Lighting, LLC; 10-CV-280; United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- John D. Watts, et al. v. XL Systems, L.P. and Grant Prideco, Inc., C.A. A-06-CA-653 LY; United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Mark A. Freeman and Timothy K Stringer v. Gerber Products Company; C.A. 02-2249-JWL; United States District Court for the District of Kansas
- Compaq Computer Corp. v. Ergonome, Inc., et al.; C.A. No. 98-3159; United States District Court, Southern District of Texas, Houston Division
- Lifenet, Inc. v. Rocky Mountain Holdings, LLC and Rocky Mountain Helicopters, Inc.; C.A. 598 CV 168; United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas, Texarkana Division
- William G. Riles v. Amerada Hess Corp.; C.A. No. G-98-013; United States District Court, Southern District of Texas, Galveston Division
- Parrot-Ice Drink Products of America, Ltd., et al. v. DWS, Inc., et al.; C.A. No. H-99-2285; United States District Court, Southern District of Texas, Houston Division
- Partner, Locke Lord LLP
- Former Associate, Bardehle and Partners, Houston (1994 – 1997)
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Houston Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, Order of the Lytae
- J.D., South Texas College of Law Houston, 1994
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Texas Tech University, 1985
- Texas, 1994
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Rate : $$$