Maya Yamazaki focuses her practice on intellectual property, media and technology law for clients ranging from startups and emerging companies to global corporations. Her practice includes the structuring, drafting, and negotiation of information technology and digital media transactions.
She also counsels clients on a range of issues including advertising, marketing, and promotional matters. Maya also has experience litigating copyright, patent, trade secret, and trademark cases in federal court and before federal agencies.
- Summer Associate, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP, Seattle, 2008
- Global Health Policy Analyst, Families USA, 2008
- Intern, Congressional Travel Unit, Bureau of Legislative Affairs, U.S. Department of State, Washington, D.C., 2007
- Legislative Aide, Office of Congresswoman Madeleine Bordallo, Washington, D.C., 2006-2007
- International Programs Officer, U.S. Association of Former Members of Congress, Washington, D.C., 2005-2006
- Congressional Fellow, Office of Congresswoman Barbara Lee, Washington, D.C., 2005
Professional & Community Activities:
- Scholarship Review Committee, Asian Bar Association of Washington, 2012
- Volunteer Attorney, Washington Community Alliance for Self-Help (Washington C.A.S.H.)
- Japanese American Citizens League
- Alumnae Committee, Girl Scouts of Western Washington, 2012-2013
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2009
- B.A., International Studies, University of Washington, 2005, with honors
Rate : $$$