A first-chair trial lawyer, Megan Costa DeVault prosecutes and defends complex commercial, business, and real estate litigation in state and federal courts. On behalf of Fortune 500, publicly traded, and privately owned business, including builders, developers, investors, financial institutions, and corporate fiduciaries, she litigates contractual disputes, shareholder class actions, and derivative suits, including serving as lead counsel in dozens of trials and arbitrations.
Owing to the complexity of her litigation experience, Megan’s clients appreciate her extensive knowledge in managing and executing large-scale e-discovery projects, with a focused effort to minimize business disruption and avoid costly consequences of non-compliance.
In all representation, Megan draws on her master’s-level business education to provide clients with legal counsel that aligns with company objectives.
- Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management, Governing the Family Business, 2011
- J.D., Stetson University College of Law, 2001, cum laude
- M.B.A., Stetson University, 2001
- B.A., University of Florida, 1998, with honors
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United Negro College Fund, Advisory Board, Member, 2009-Present; Scholarship Committee, Chair, 2010-Present
- Leadership Orlando, Class 79, Graduate
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, Judicial Intern to the Honorable Mary S. Scriven
Rate : $$$