Michael J. Aiello is Chairman of the over 600-lawyer Corporate Department of Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP and a member of the Firm’s Management Committee. Mr. Aiello regularly represents companies in connection with mergers, acquisitions and divestitures involving public companies. He also advises clients on corporate governance issues.
Mr. Aiello regularly represents acquirors, targets, buyout groups, boards of directors, special committees, investment banks, investors and shareholder groups in complex domestic and international negotiated and unsolicited merger and acquisition transactions, including Aéropostale, Dow Chemical, Goldman Sachs, Herbalife, Kroger, Ontario Teachers’, Procter & Gamble, Sanofi, Thomas H. Lee and Willis Group Holdings.
- Transaction Committee of the Board of Directors of Reynolds American Inc. in Reynolds’ $60.6 billion sale to British American Tobacco p.l.c. (BAT) of the 57.8% of Reynolds stock that BAT did not already own
- The Dow Chemical Company in its $130 billion all-stock merger of equals with E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc. and Brookfield Property Partners L.P. (BPY) in BPY’s $14.4 billion acquisition of the approximately 66% of common stock that it did not already own of GGP Inc. (f/k/a General Growth Properties Inc.)
- athenaheath, Inc. in its pending $5.7 billion sale to Veritas Capital and Evergreen Coast Capital (an affiliate of Elliott Management Corporation) and planned combination with Virence Health
- Belmond Ltd. in its pending $3.2 billion sale to LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE
- Nexeo Solutions, Inc. in its pending $2 billion sale to Univar Inc.
- The Board of Directors of Iron Mountain Incorporated in its up to $1.375 billion acquisition of the U.S. operations of IO Data Centers LLC
- New York University (B.A., 1991)
- Widener University (J.D., 1994)
- New York State
Rate : $$$