Michael (Mike) M. Briley brings extensive experience to the table, having successfully served as lead counsel in numerous antitrust and trade regulation and transportation law cases. He routinely counsels clients involved in a variety of domestic and international industries such as glass, consumer products, industrial products, chemicals, transportation, health care, building products, and scientific products.
Clients benefit from Mike’s ability to think outside the box, thus, helping them accomplish their goals while at the same time, reducing their risk. He regularly provides corporate counseling in the areas of antitrust compliance and risk avoidance, mergers and acquisitions, and litigation avoidance, as well as national and international transportation law issues.
His involvement in civil antitrust litigation includes issues of monopolization, exclusive dealing, predatory pricing, mergers and price discrimination. He has also served as lead counsel in criminal antitrust cases representing both corporations and individual defendants.
Currently, Mike serves as outside General Counsel to a national trade association and several international companies. He has practiced extensively before federal and state trial and appellate courts and various regulatory agencies, including The Antitrust Division of The United States Department of Justice, the Federal Trade Commission and the Surface Transportation Board.
Working with the belief that knowledge and scholarship in his field of practice are critical to success, Mike is a frequent speaker, lecturer and writer. He is an adjunct professor of antitrust law at the University of Toledo College of Law, he has lectured extensively to bar and business groups, and he has authored numerous law review articles and other publications on trade regulation and transportation law topics. In addition, Mike has been an Ohio Bar Examiner since 1997.
- J.D., cum laude, Ohio State University College of Law, 1969
- B.A., with distinction, Miami University, 1966
Bar and Court Admissions : Ohio, 1969
- General Counsel for national transportation trade association.
- Represented numerous companies in antitrust and transportation law litigation matters and merger and acquisition matters before federal courts, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the Department of Justice (DOJ), and the Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Represented defendants and plaintiffs’ class in major antitrust class action litigation cases.
- Provides regular antitrust counseling for numerous companies, including several Fortune 500 companies involved in the glass , building products, chemical, and health care industries.
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Toledo Bar Association
- Antitrust Law Section of the Ohio State Bar Association, former Chair; Section Vice-Chairman (2016); Board of Governors, former Chairman
- American Bar Association Antitrust Law Section, Sherman Act, Health Care and Transportation Committees
- National Conference of Freight Counsel
- Adjunct Professor of Antitrust Law, University of Toledo College of Law (2014-2018 )
Rate : $$$