Mike Miller stakes his reputation as an experienced trial lawyer who represents a diverse array of domestic and international clients in commercial disputes, white-collar criminal investigations, professional liability, and securities arbitrations.
Chambers USA ranks Mike in the prestigious New York Commercial Litigation category, noting that clients describe him as “an outstanding lawyer who not only delivers great quality legal advice, but is always pragmatic and goal-oriented. His broad expertise in litigating civil disputes is complemented by notable strength in handling white-collar criminal cases.”
Mike’s strength in the courtroom and tenacious approach to complex litigation consistently yields successful outcomes for his clients. He uses a holistic approach to analyze each situation and develops appropriate solutions to match each client’s legal needs. Mike’s exceptional rapport with his clients ensures they repeatedly call upon him to handle their most sensitive legal challenges effectively.
Mike has secured defense acquittals in white-collar criminal cases involving charges of embezzlement and fraud, and client verdicts in securities arbitration hearings and commercial litigation trials. He also works closely with clients in civil and criminal matters to achieve their objectives before litigation commences and during the pre-trial stages of their cases.
Mike serves as Managing Partner of the New York office and is a member of the firm’s Executive Committee.
- American Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Corporate Criminal Liability Subcommittee, White-Collar Crime Committee, Criminal Justice Section (2010-2014)
- Chair, Securities Enforcement Subcommittee, White-Collar Crime Committee, Business Law Section (2009)
- Denis McInerney NYCLA American Inn of Court
- President (2008-2011)
- Counselor to the President (2003-2005)
- New York Council of Defense Lawyers
- Board of Directors (2004-2007)
- Chair, New York County District Attorney Liaison Committee (2015-present)
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Chair, Criminal Advocacy Committee (2015-2018)
- The Berkeley Carroll School
- Board of Trustees (2012-present)
- Chair, Committee on Trustees (2015-2018)
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1985
- A.B., Boston College, 1982, cum laude
Rate : $$$