Mike Bowers is a litigator who focuses his practice on civil litigation. In his 42 years of law practice, he has personally handled or overseen hundreds of types of cases, most of which have involved government entities on one side or the other.
For 25 years, Mike represented the state of Georgia – serving as the Attorney General from 1981 to 1997. He has successfully argued a case before the U.S. Supreme Court. Over the past 17 years, his litigation has largely focused on helping businesses with issues related to government compliance. Mike recently assisted the Griffin Area Resource Center correct inaccurate billing by Medicaid and is currently involved in a major challenge to state regulation of bona fide coin operated amusement machines.
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., 1974
- University of Utah, M.B.A., 1970
- Stanford University, M.S.(I.E.), 1965
- United States Military Academy, West Point, B.S., 1963, Distinguished Graduate
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Bar Admissions : Georgia, 1974
Professional Affiliations : State Bar Association
Rate : $$$$