Michael J. Scimone is an associate at Outten & Golden LLP in New York. He represents employees in class and collective actions, focusing primarily on wage and hour litigation. During law school, Mr. Scimone participated in CUNY’s Immigrant and Refugee Rights Clinic, representing employees in wage and hour cases.
He also worked for the National Labor Relations Board, Region 2, the legal department of UNITE HERE, Make the Road by Walking, and the Legal Aid Society’s Employment Law Project.
Before law school, Mr. Scimone worked as an organizer for UNITE, an international union representing garment, laundry, and industrial workers in North America. Mr. Scimone received his B.A. from Vassar College in 2001.
Mr. Scimone is admitted to practice in the state of New York, and the District Courts for the Southern, Eastern and Northern Districts of New York. Mr. Scimone is active in the American Bar Association, where he currently serves as the Employee Vice-Chair of the Labor and Employment Law Section’s National Programs Subcommittee.
Bar Admissions & Professional Activities:
- Federal Labor Standards Legislation Committee, American Bar Association (ABA) Labor and Employment Law Section
- National Employment Lawyers’ Association (NELA)
- National Employment Lawyers’ Association, New York Affiliate (NELA/NY)
- Labor & Employment Committee, National Lawyers’ Guild, New York City
- New York City Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
Rate : $$$$