Michael A. Leber is a corporate attorney who advises real estate investment trusts (REITs) and other clients on multi-million-dollar stock offerings, reorganizations, spinoffs, and other transactions. Michael focuses on Maryland corporate law as it relates to REITS, registered investment companies, and business development companies.
He also has advised funds engaged in proxy contests and other matters of stockholder activism. In addition to transactional work involving equity and debt offerings, and mergers and acquisitions, Michael advises clients on compliance with securities law reporting requirements and corporate governance matters.
- Served as counsel to a New York Stock Exchange–listed REIT, including representation regarding common and preferred stock offerings in excess of $125 million
- Served as Maryland counsel to several investment company complexes regarding open- and closed-end fund formations, reorganizations, governance issues, and other matters under Maryland law
- Served as issuer’s counsel in a $67 million REIT public offering
- Served as Maryland counsel to a committee of independent trustees of a REIT evaluating an external advisor relationship
- Served as Maryland counsel in the comprehensive reorganization of a large mutual fund complex
- Served as Maryland counsel in the spin-off of a publicly traded REIT and a related $1.5 billion rights offering.
- J.D. University of Pennsylvania Law School 1997
- M.A. Economics Duke University 1993
- A.B. summa cum laude Bowdoin College 1992
Bar Admissions : Maryland
Professional Memberships :
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association, Former Chair, Committee on Corporation Law
- Published several articles on changes to Maryland REIT law and corporate law.
Rate : $$$