Michael J. Raine is a corporate lawyer with more than 13 years’ experience assisting clients to achieve their commercial goals. He regularly provides clients with definitive guidance on sophisticated legal issues concerning mergers and acquisitions, dispositions, initial public offerings, follow-on equity offerings, high-yield and investment grade debt offerings, and restructurings.
Mr. Raine also has extensive knowledge of and experience in dispute resolution—developed from several years practicing in high-stakes commercial litigation prior to focusing on transactional work.
- Advisor to TMC Bonds, a premier fixed income marketplace, in its sale to Intercontinental Exchange, an operator of global exchanges and clearing houses, for $685M.
- Advisor to Braintree Holdings in its sale of Braintree Laboratories, a leading manufacturer of specialty pharmaceuticals in gastroenterology, to Sebela Pharmaceuticals.
- Advisor to Crane & Co., Inc., the manufacturer of currency paper for the US government since 1802, in its sale to Crane Co. for $800M.
- Advisor to Summit Therapeutics in its $20.1 million American depository receipt offering.
- Advisor to an Australian company joined to New York proceedings pursuant to a settlement agreement with the United States Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- LLM, Australian National University, 2012
- BA, English, University of Queensland, 2008
- LLB, Queensland University of Technology, 2005
- BBA, Marketing, Queensland University of Technology, 2002
ADMISSIONS : New York
Rate : $$$