Michael S. Stamer represents official and unofficial committees of unsecured creditors, secured lender groups, debtors, boards of directors and special committees, debtor-in-possession (DIP) lenders, plan sponsors and acquirers of businesses and assets in large, complex Chapter 11 cases and domestic and international out-of-court restructurings.Michael has played a leading role in many high-profile recent restructurings in the energy, oilfield services, power, health care, retail and media industries.
- Has led numerous high-profile restructurings in the energy, oilfield services, power, health care, retail and media industries.
- Concentrates on debtors’ and creditors’ rights, corporate restructurings and bankruptcy law.
- Other significant representations include: the independent governance committee of the board of each of NRG Rema and Genon Mid-Atlantic; an informal secured lender group in the out of court restructuring of Outcome Health / Context Media; the creditors’ committee in the Chapter 11 cases of Cumulus Media; and the creditors’ committee in the Chapter 11 cases of Quiksilver, Inc.
- Represents an informal second lien noteholder group in the Chapter 11 cases of Rex Energy Corporation.
- Represents an informal noteholder group in Parker Drilling.
- Represented an informal secured noteholder group that served as plan sponsor in the Chapter 11 cases of CHC Group Ltd.
- Represented the Official Creditors Committee in the Chapter 11 cases of Calpine Corp. and General Growth Properties.
- Represented Hercules Offshore in its Chapter 11 cases.
- J.D., Rutgers School of Law – Newark , 1989
- B.A., University of Vermont, 1986
- U.S.B.C., District of New Jersey
- New Jersey
- New York
Rate : $$$$