Michael S. Umansky is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm’s San Diego (Del Mar) and Century City offices and is the Team Leader of the firm’s Emerging Growth/Venture Capital team. Michael practices corporate law with a special emphasis on capital raising transactions and mergers and acquisitions.
His practice includes venture capital and private equity financings, merger and acquisition transactions, business formation and structuring, contractual matters (including licensing and distribution agreements), and public securities offerings.
He represents entrepreneurs, startup and established companies, and venture capital and private equity investors in a variety of sectors including software, internet, mobile, business services, consumer goods and brands, life sciences, construction, and food and beverage.
Michael also has significant business experience, having served for almost three years as vice president and general counsel for Linspire, Inc., a developer of Linux-based operating system software and services (acquired by Xandros, Inc.), and Gizmo5 Technologies, Inc., a venture-backed internet telephony company (acquired by Google Inc.).
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, 1993, Associate Editor, California Law Review
- B.S., University of California, Los Angeles, 1990, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Admissions : California
- American Bar Association
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Connect-SME, Executive Committee 2012 to present
- TechAmerica, San Diego Council, Executive Committee, 2007-2012
- TechAmerica, San Diego Council, Finance Roundtable, Co-Chair, 2007-2012
- TechAmerica, San Diego Council, Emerging Growth Task Force, Chair, 2002-2004
Rate : $$$$