Michelle J. Gutierrez-Begin represents lenders and borrowers on financings, acquisitions and development of apartment complexes, office buildings and shopping centers, as well as representing owners and tenants in the acquisition, development, leasing, and disposition of commercial real estate.
Michelle assists in representing the arranger/administrative agent, energy companies or other corporate borrowers in connection with commercial credit transactions, including secured and unsecured syndicated credit facilities, asset-backed and oil and gas reserve-based financings and other real estate financings.
She also negotiates office and retail leases for commercial landlords and tenants, and advises property owners in all aspects of real property sales and acquisitions.
Representative Experience :
- Assisted with the representation of midstream natural gas companies in revolving credit facilities in the aggregate amount of up to $450,000,000.
- Assisted with the representation of a major financial institution as arranger in amending a group of related credit facilities aggregating $650 million secured by oil and gas properties.
- Assisted with the representation of a major financial institution in restructuring loan portfolios secured by real estate in multiple states.
- Assisted with the representation of master limited partnership in $10 million to $500 million acquisitions of gas gathering and processing assets, pipeline systems and other midstream assets.
- Representation of commercial lenders in connection with real estate acquisition financings, permanent real estate loans, construction loans.
- Assisted with the representation of national retailer in negotiation of anchor tenant leases and related transactions throughout the United States.
- Assisted with the representation of purchasers of commercial property, such as auto dealerships, and undeveloped land, including timber land and land for residential subdivision development.
- Counsel national retailer in negotiation of tenant leases and related transactions throughout the United States.
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Association of Women Attorneys
- J.D., with honors, The University of Texas School of Law, 2006
- B.B.A., summa cum laude, University of St. Thomas, 2003
Admissions : Texas, 2006
Rate : $$$