A Texas-Louisiana litigator with an MBA, Miles O. Indest enjoys helping companies protect their intellectual property and resolve business disputes. He also handles rapid response situations where companies face unlawful disruptions by competitors, contractors, and former employees.
Miles has secured and defeated injunctions related to oil and gas services, joint operating agreements, debt collections, lien foreclosures, employee confidentiality agreements, non-solicitation agreements, and theft of trade secrets.
He has also offered proactive guidance to companies, counseling them on protecting intellectual property, managing employees, and complying with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and data breach notification laws.
Miles enjoys academic writing and studying emerging technological issues. While at Tulane Law School, Miles won two national writing competitions for articles examining hot topics in securities regulation, crowdfunding, and healthcare litigation. Miles was also presented the Cullen R. Liskow Award for earning the highest score in his Oil and Gas course.
- Assisted oil and gas companies resolve disputes related to their joint operating agreements, expenditures, and royalties.
- Obtained and defended multiple temporary restraining orders in Texas state court regarding allegations of theft of trade secrets and confidential information and/or violations of restrictive covenants.
- Obtained temporary injunction in Texas state court for former employer against multiple employees for misappropriating confidential information and trade secrets.
- Defended telecommunications company against claims involving negligence, personal injury and property damage.
- Created and helped implement corporate compliance measures for companies related to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and data breach notification laws.
- Tulane University Law School, JD, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Tulane Law Review, Tulane Moot Court, 2016
- Tulane University Freeman School of Business, MBA, Dean’s List, 2016
- Louisiana State University, BS, Business Management, summa cum laude, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- President, Tulane Christian Legal Society, 2015-2016
- President, Riverside Military Academy Alumni Class of ’08, 2016-2018
Rate : $$$$