Neha Dhindsa is an associate in Venable’s Regulatory Group in Washington, DC. Her practice focuses primarily on international trade and customs and maritime and transportation issues, including import and export controls, regulatory compliance, and international arbitration.
Neha has worked on matters before several regulatory authorities and courts such as the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Commerce Department’s Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Federal Maritime Commission (FMC), the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), various federal and state courts, and the International Court of Arbitration.
Neha graduated with honors from The George Washington University Law School. While there, she served as a board member on the Alternative Dispute Resolution Board, a member of The George Washington International Law Review, and a member of the Forum on Law, Economics & Finance. She holds a bachelor of arts from Barnard College, Columbia University.
Prior to attending law school, Neha worked as the lead regulatory analyst at Western Union Business Solutions, where she interfaced with state and federal regulators, internal and external auditors, various foreign affiliates, and the Conference of State Bank Supervisors.
- Neha assists clients with export and customs compliance, anti-bribery issues, anti-boycott issues, customs classifications, trade tariff and customs duties issues, government subpoenas, inquiries from federal agencies, self-disclosures, petitions to mitigate, and formulating targeted compliance policies and training.
- Neha also works with multiple international transportation and logistics companies on contract reviews, agreements, customs compliance, international expansions, regulatory audits, operational issues, and government outreach. On the opposite end, Neha assists multiple small and large importers and exporters with their transportation contracts, international distribution arrangements, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) compliance and customs compliance.
- Created tailored export control compliance policies and procedures and compliance training for international software and media companies;
- Advised multiple large nonprofits on conducting operations in China; and helped U.S. based non-governmental organizations obtain and maintain registrations across the globe, identify local partners and correctly structure local entities in order to carry out grant work;
- Worked with leading U.S. food producer on logistics issues, contract reviews, customs mitigation, rerouting cargo, distribution arrangements, and litigation;
- Assisted with regulatory and legislative outreach on behalf of logistics providers and the energy and automotive sectors.
- J.D. with honors George Washington University Law School 2016
- B.A. Economics Barnard College, Columbia University 2009
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia
Rate : $$$