Neil M. Alexander is a shareholder at Littler Mendelson in the Phoenix office and serves as Co-Chair of the Staffing, Independent Contractors and Contingent Workers Practice Group. He is a trial attorney who regularly defends companies against claims involving : Wrongful termination, Harassment and discrimination, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, The Age Discrimination in Employment Act, The Family and Medical Leave Act.
Neil regularly appears in state and federal courts in Arizona and Nevada and before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Labor, the Arizona Civil Rights Division and the Nevada Equal Rights Commission. His clients include : Insurance companies, Professional employer organizations, Healthcare clients, Financial institutions.
Neil’s practice includes counseling clients on employment risk management for employee workforce or individual employee decisions, workforce design and maximizing contingent worker options while ensuring compliance, contingent workforce co-employment exposures, compliance with the ADA and the FMLA, and other legal issues.
Neil also regularly contributes to articles in newspapers and magazines and authors publications for national trade association newsletters. He has been interviewed on national radio and is frequently quoted in national and regional publications.
He is a frequent keynote speaker for national and state trade associations, client internal events and client appreciation events regarding employment law updates, contingent workforce issues, and employment law compliance related topics.
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law, 1993
- B.A., University of Washington, 1990
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Board of Directors, State Council, Arizona Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM)
- Member, Legislative Advisory Council, National Association of Professional Employer Organizations (NAPEO)
- Former President, Nevada Chapter, Federal Bar Association
- Former Board Chair, Maricopa Workforce Connections
Rate : $$$