Nicholas D. Stepp helps clients navigate complex litigation in appellate courts. Nick’s practice focuses on appeals and original proceedings in the Supreme Court of Texas as well as and state and federal courts of appeal.
His work spans constitutional law, administrative law, international law, breaches of fiduciary duty, breaches of contract, election law, trade secrets, defamation, government regulation, and oil and gas disputes.
Nick works with clients in the aerospace, healthcare, construction, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, and government sectors. Nick also advises fellow litigators on overall case strategy and management, error preservation at trial, the court’s charge, post-verdict motions, and complex motions.
- J.D., University of Texas, 2012, with honors, Texas Law Review, Book Review Editor
- M.Div., Wake Forest University, 2004, magna cum laude
- B.A., Carson-Newman College, Religion, Mathematics, 2001, magna cum laude
Bar Admissions : Texas
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas, Appellate Practice and Advocacy Section
- Houston Bar Association, Appellate Practice Section
- American Bar Association
Rate : $$$$