Nnedinma C. Ifudu Nweke counsels U.S. and non-U.S. clients on U.S. laws and policy affecting cross border transactions and international trade, including export control laws, economic sanctions and trade embargoes, antiboycott laws and regulations, anticorruption laws including Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and anti-money laundering laws.Nnedi represents clients in international trade matters before several U.S. government departments and agencies, including the departments of Commerce, State and the Treasury.
She has helped clients in various industries to effectively manage due diligence investigations in connection with investment fund formation, mergers, acquisitions and other transactions. Nnedi also advises clients on how to respond to U.S. government investigations, develop and implement compliance policies and procedures, prepare voluntary self-disclosures, and conduct internal reviews, audits and investigations.
Her practice extends to drafting license applications, OFAC sanctions lists delisting petitions, advisory opinion requests and other submissions to relevant U.S. government agencies. Nnedi also develops and delivers training presentations on a variety of international trade control topics.
- Member, Akin Gump Diversity Committee.
- Assists clients with U.S. and international trade controls and regulatory compliance issues affecting international trade and business.
- Advises non-U.S. clients on compliance with applicable U.S. secondary sanctions measures regarding Iran and Russia.
- Assists registered investment advisers, private equity funds and other financial institutions on compliance with U.S. anti-money laundering laws and best practices, and develops related compliance programs.
- Provides legal counsel to global energy companies on U.S. legal and policy developments regarding Russia, Venezuela and Iran, and implications for global business operations.
- Counsels clients subject to U.S. sanctions on compliance with U.S. regulatory requirements, delisting applications, requests for OFAC specific licenses, guidance and advisory opinions, and scope of permissible transactions with non-sanctioned business partners.
- Conducts global anticorruption and sanctions risk assessments and investigations in connection with transactional due diligence.
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 2003
- B.A., University of Connecticut, magna cum laude, 2000
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$