Omar El-Khattabi is an associate in Mayer Brown’s Corporate & Securities practice based in Washington DC and Dubai. He advises domestic and international clients on local and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, corporate restructurings and general corporate and commercial matters.
Omar is an active member of the firm’s Middle East practice and the International Joint Venture & Strategic Alliance practice, and has played a key role in the opening of the firm’s office in Dubai. Prior to joining the firm, Omar was an associate in an international law firm’s Washington DC office. Omar is currently on secondment at the firm’s London office.
- Institut d’Etudes Politiques de Paris (Sciences Po), Master Level II
- University of Virginia School of Law, JD
- Vanderbilt University, BA
- District of Columbia
- Emirate of Dubai
- New York
- Advised Nestlé USA on its agreement to sell its US confectionary business to The Ferrero Group, a global confectionary group, for $2.8 billion.
- Advised Nestlé S.A. on its agreement to acquire privately-held Atrium Innovations, a Montreal-based global leader in nutritional health products, from a group of investors for $2.3 billion.
- Advised private equity fund LBO France on the corporate aspects of the sale of Chryso Group, a leading chemical specialist for concrete and construction, to Cinven, a London-based private equity firm.
- Advised a Moroccan investment company on its acquisition of a majority equity stake in a Florida-based olive oil producer and distributor on a cash and debt basis.
- Advising a publicly-listed multinational filtration manufacturer and distributor on corporate and commercial matters in the Middle East and across various other jurisdictions.
- Advised an export credit agency as lender in a limited recourse project financing for the construction of a US$100 million hotel in Baghdad.
- Assisted the US Department of Commerce’s Commercial Law Development Program with a guidebook on investing in power projects in Iraq.
- Advised a leading multinational management consulting firm on corporate and employment compliance across the Middle East.
Rate : $$$