Patrick E. Brady concentrates his practice in real estate transactions representing purchasers and sellers, landlords and tenants, lenders and borrowers. He has worked extensively with commercial, industrial and healthcare clients on real estate closings; preparation, review and negotiation of real estate contracts, leases, loan documents and mortgages; representation of lenders and property owners in connection with real estate components of bond finance transactions; review of zoning ordinances; review of surveys; preparation of escrow instructions and easement agreements; and title clearance.
He has also represented numerous clients, both owner occupants and investors in the sale, acquisition and lease of environmentally contaminated properties. Patrick also has significant experience in filing real estate tax complaints for major industrial and commercial clients in Cook County, Illinois.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Patrick was a torrens and special services consultant for Chicago Title Insurance Company. He was also a member of the legal and appeals departments of the Cook County Assessor’s Office.
- Lead real estate attorney representing a publicly traded REIT in the acquisition of six income producing properties located in five states in 2012.
- Lender’s lead real estate attorney on a nine site, six state real estate collateral package for a syndicated loan transaction in 2011.
- Lender’s lead real estate attorney on an eleven site, ten state real estate collateral package for a syndicated loan transaction in 2011.
- Lead real estate attorney representing a publicly traded REIT in the acquisition of more than thirty income producing properties located in four states in 2010.
- The John Marshall Law School, JD, summa cum laude, 1983
- Northwestern University, BA, 1976
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Member, Real Estate Tax Committee, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Member, Taxation Committee, Illinois Chamber
Rate : $$$