When clients are faced with difficult problems, Patrick S. Coffey puts them at ease. He uses a hands-on, practical approach to walk clients through sensitive and complex matters. Pat has more than 30 years of experience successfully representing corporations and individuals in investigations and enforcement matters, including the defense of claims under the False Claims Act and whistle blower actions.
Pat represents clients across a span of industry settings and is experienced in healthcare, securities, tax, financial markets, antitrust, export and trade regulation, government contracts and proceedings and environmental matters.
Pat also leads sensitive internal investigations for corporate clients, including boards of directors and audit committees, and counsels clients on effective corporate compliance and ethics programs.
He has led monitoring and other significant internal compliance engagements. In business litigation, Pat represents corporations, directors and officers in breach of contract, fraud, negligence, product liability and tort cases.
- J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law
- B.A., University of Wisconsin
- Illinois Supreme Court
- Wisconsin Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
Professional Associations and Memberships :
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association
- Federal Defender Program, Special Assistant Federal Defender
Rate : $$$