Philip Sholts joined Fragomen as an Associate in 2015 after working as a Summer Law Clerk with the firm during law school. In his current role, Philip works on a range of U.S. nonimmigrant and immigrant matters for multinational companies across numerous industries, including food and confections, biopharmaceutical research and development, information technology and professional services.
During law school, Philip was the Associate Symposium Editor of the American University Law Review and an Executive Editor of the American University National Security Law Brief.
He served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Michael O’Keefe of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia, and as a legal intern for the D.C. office of a multi-practice law firm.
While working with Fragomen, Philip has assisted in the pro bono representation of indigent families at a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement detention center in Pennsylvania.
During law school, he provided pro bono assistance to applicants for asylum through the Tahirih Justice Center, and represented indigent clients with The Washington Legal Clinic for the Homeless.
- Assisted several leaders in business and science-related fields with obtaining extraordinary ability immigrant and nonimmigrant classifications based on demonstrated international expertise and prominence in their fields.
- Assisted several scientists with obtaining outstanding researcher immigrant visa classification based on internationally recognized achievements in their fields.
- Successfully responded to numerous USCIS requests for additional evidence on issues of eligibility for employment-based immigrant and nonimmigrant classifications, including H-1B, L-1A, L-1B and EB-1 visa classifications.
- Successfully responded to complex audits by the Department of Labor in connection with ongoing PERM cases.
- American University Washington College of Law | J.D., 2015, cum laude
- Washington University in St. Louis | B.A., 2008
Bar Admissions: New Jersey, New York, District of Columbia
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
Rate : $$$