Piotr (Pete) Korzynski is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Corporate & Securities Group in Chicago. He has experience advising clients on mergers and acquisitions, equity transfers, corporate finance, SEC compliance matters, shareholder activism and corporate governance.
Pete has also maintained an active pro bono practice and currently serves as the Chair of the Sargent Shriver National Center on Poverty Law’s Professionals’ Council, a volunteer board supporting the organization’s national anti-poverty advocacy.
He has represented the Shriver Center and asylum applicants in various US federal appellate matters. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Pete was an associate in the corporate practice group of a New York-based international law firm. He also previously served as an extern to the Honorable Joan B. Gottschall, judge of the US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
While in law school, Pete served as a senior editor and articles committee member of the Stanford Law & Policy Review. Pete has experience representing clients across a range of industries, from e-commerce and financial products to beverage can manufacturing and meat processing.
He has represented clients on both the buy- and sell-side of negotiated and contested M&A transactions, which have utilized a broad range of transaction structures. He has also represented clients on financing transactions in the public and private capital markets, including joint ventures, equity offerings and bond offerings.
- Stanford Law School (JD with Pro Bono Distinction, Gerald Gunther Prize for Outstanding Performance in Constitutional Law I) (2012)
- University of Chicago (BA with general honors, Phi Beta Kappa, Lee Family Prize) (2007)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit~United States (2013)
- Illinois~United States (2012)
Representative Legal Matters:
- Represented Ball Corporation in its USD 8.4 billion acquisition of Rexam PLC and its related divestiture of USD 3.42 billion in assets to Ardagh Group S.A.
- Represented The Hillshire Brands Company in its proposed USD 6.6 billion acquisition of Pinnacle Foods Inc. and subsequent USD 8.55 billion sale in an unsolicited and contested transaction to Tyson Foods, Inc.
- Represented Horizon Pharma Public Limited Company in its unsolicited USD 2.26 billion tender offer to acquire Depomed, Inc.
- Represented Stryker Corporation in its USD 1.65 billion acquisition of MAKO Surgical Corp. and its USD 664 million acquisition of Entellus Medical, Inc.
- Represented CF Industries, Inc. in its offering of USD 500 million of 3.400% senior secured notes due 2021 and USD 750 million of 4.500% senior secured notes due 2026.
Rate : $$$