Rachel L. Forman’s practice focuses on the defense of complex product liability cases as part of Shook’s team working on Engle-Progeny litigation. Before joining Shook, Rachel assisted on numerous civil and criminal appeals as a law clerk to the Hon. Melanie May of Florida’s Fourth District Court of Appeal.
Rachel also worked at a large Florida firm as a litigation and appellate associate with a focus on professional malpractice, government liability and complex commercial disputes in state and federal court.
Her clients spanned a broad range of industries and included law firms, local governments and a big-box retailer.
- J.D., magna cum laude, St. Thomas University School of Law, 2013
- St. Thomas Law Review, Executive Editor
- St. Thomas Moot Court Board, Member
- CALI Book Awards (Advanced Legal Writing, Constitutional Law I, Administrative Law)
- Dean’s Merit Scholar (2010-2013)
- Certified Legal Intern to Miami Dade Public Defender, Appellate Division
- B.S., University of South Florida, 2010 (Environmental Science and Policy)
- American Bar Association
- The Appellate Practice Section of the Florida Bar
- The Florida Bar
- Young Lawyers Division
- Wm. Reece Smith, Jr. Leadership Academy, Class V (2017–2018)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- The Hon. Melanie May, Florida Fourth District Court of Appeal
Rate : $$$$