Rachel Krause is a partner in the Atlanta office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Life Health Disability & ERISA Practice. Ms. Krause specializes in litigation and has substantial experience with complex corporate, contract, and injury disputes.
She defends employers and insurance companies and their clients in state and federal court and before administrative agencies, in the areas of employment, breach of contracts and restrictive covenants, fiduciary obligations, professional responsibility, and benefits. She is also experienced with FOIA and other Open Records Act compliance issues.
Ms. Krause has spoken and written on various issues, including the effects of social media in the workplace and its value in litigation, as well as other issues affecting employers and insurers. She is a frequent speaker for the International Claims Association and serves on ICA’s Law Committee, as well as the Life, Health, Disability, and ERISA Committee for the Defense Resource Institute.
She is admitted to the State Bars of both Georgia and Florida. Rachel was chosen by the Chief Judge of the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit to serve on the Courthouse Accessibility Team, reviewing the accessibility of the Circuit’s facilities and services for people with disabilities. In law school, Ms. Krause was awarded the James C. Estes Moot Court Award and was appointed to the Order of the Barrister.
- Walter F. George School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2001
- Georgia Southern University, Bachelor of Arts, 1996
- State Bar Admissions
- State Supreme Courts, Georgia Supreme Court
- State Appellate Courts, Georgia Court of Appeals
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- SHRM Atlanta (Society of Human Resource Managers), President, 2012
- State Bar of Georgia, Law-Related Education Committee
- Young Lawyers Division
- Executive Committee, 2009-2011
- Chair, Law Related Education Committee
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- International Claims Association
Rate : $$$