Mr. Randy A. Gray defends pharmaceutical companies in mass torts for products liability actions, and companies in asbestos litigation. He is also experienced in defending medical device companies in an array of litigation and counseling matters. In addition, Mr. Gray focuses his practice on commercial litigation and corporate transactional law, including issues related to data privacy and security.
Mr. Gray is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) by the International Association of Privacy Professionals for issues related to the United States private sector and has drafted policies and procedures for clients seeking counsel on data security issues, including privacy policies, data information security programs, and website terms and conditions. He also regularly counsels clients regarding planning and executing marketing promotions, including traditional and online contests and sweepstakes.
Prior to joining Gibbons, Mr. Gray interned in the New Jersey Senate Majority (Senate Democrats) Office drafting bill comments to support various committees, including Law & Public Safety, Commerce, and Environment and Energy, as part of the Eagleton Institute of Politics Henry J. Raimondo Fellowship.
While in law school, he also interned in the Cyber Crimes Unit of the Essex County Prosecutor’s Office as a Cybersecurity Project Fellow. Most recently, he served as a law clerk to the Honorable Alexander P. Waugh, Jr., J.A.D., in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division.
Before pursuing a legal career, Mr. Gray worked at Emanate, a public relations firm in New York, focusing on digital communications for Fortune 500 clients. He also served as a member of the communications team in the Senate Democratic Communications Center for United States Senator Harry Reid and the Senate Democratic Caucus.
- Rutgers School of Law – Newark (J.D., cum laude)
- Editor-in-Chief, Rutgers Computer & Technology Law Journal
- Recipient, ALI CLE Scholarship and Leadership Award
- Wake Forest University (B.A.)
- Member, Pi Sigma Alpha Honor Society
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), CIPP/US
- Co-Chair, New Jersey KnowledgeNet Chapter, 2018-2019
- New Jersey State Bar Association (NJSBA)
- Member, Privacy Law Committee
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
Rate : $$$