Rhys Wilson helps clients buy and sell businesses. During his more than 30 years of experience as an M&A attorney, he has handled over 150 transactions and has received numerous accolades for his work. He has also served as in-house counsel to a private equity firm, as president of a healthcare staffing company, and as a director of a public technology company.
He is a long-time Vistage CE member and the founder of the annual CEO Strategy Summit. Rhys also gives back to the community by serving as Vice Chair of The Atlanta Opera and as an active supporter of CURE Childhood Cancer and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
- Emory University School of Law, LLM, Taxation (1985)
- University of Georgia School of Law, JD, cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa (1979)
- Duke University, BA, cum laude (1976)
Admissions : Georgia
- Management-led, private equity majority recapitalization of affiliated companies (S corp. & C. corp.) in the online B2B incentive program business
- Sale of a business (S corp.), providing direct mail, digital and mobile advertising solutions to the fitness, health and wellness industries, to a private-equity backed strategic buyer, with a tax-deferred equity rollover
- Recapitalization of a business (S corp.), which provides a cloud-based dataset for business development professionals, financed by private equity groups and a mezzanine lender
- Sale of a business (S corp.), in the fire and life safety industry, to a private-equity backed strategic buyer, with a tax-deferred equity rollover
- Leveraged recapitalization of a building products distribution business (S corp.) financed by an independent sponsor, private equity groups, individual investors, a mezzanine lender and a senior lender
- Business Law Section, Mergers & Acquisitions Committee, M&A Market Trends Subcommittee, American Bar Association
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Vistage International (1996-Present)
Rate : $$$