Richard L. Emge focuses his practice in commercial real estate law, specifically acquisition and disposition, development, financing, leasing, joint venture, and zoning and land use issues. His practice includes the representation of landlords and tenants in office, retail, and industrial leasing transactions.
Prior to joining Cozen O’Connor, Rich was a senior assistant city solicitor for the City of Wilmington, Del., where he drafted, negotiated, reviewed, and revised legal documents for the city relating to real estate, land use, procurement, and economic development.
Rich earned his law degree from the University of North Carolina Law School. He received his bachelor’s degree in political science and philosophy from the University of Delaware.
- Represented a real estate investment firm in the $136 million acquisition of a New Jersey corporate center encompassing several four-story buildings, totaling approximately 820,000 sq. ft., on a 176-acre site. The deal included a $123 million term loan from a syndicate of lenders.
- Represented Rubenstein Partners, L.P., in connection with its acquisition of a 1.6 million sq. ft. office park complex in Atlanta for $265 million. The Class A property, Sanctuary Park, includes nine mid-rise buildings on 152 acres. In addition to handling the acquisition loan, the firm also negotiated and finalized a related joint venture agreement.
- Represented Agrofresh, Inc. in connection with the lease of 14,032 sq. ft. of office and laboratory space in Lower Gwynedd Township, Montgomery County, Pa.
- Represented the owner of 1313 N. Market Street in Wilmington, Del., in connection with the lease of 24,081 sq. ft. to the General Services Administration for the United States Attorney’s Office.
- Represented Solenis LLC in the negotiation of a lease for a new corporate headquarters in Wilmington, Del.
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2001
- University of Delaware, B.A., 1998
BAR ADMISSIONS : Delaware; Pennsylvania
Rate : $$$$