Robert Kouchoukos represents creative individuals and sports, entertainment and media companies in connection with a broad range of entertainment, intellectual property, technology and commercial transactions. Robert’s practice has a particular emphasis on transactions involving the production, licensing, publishing, distribution and marketing of music, movies, TV shows, video games and related software applications across various digital platforms and media.
Robert’s experience includes:
- Negotiating and drafting recording, music publishing, book publishing, film, television, videogame and live stage production, live performance, talent, merchandising, sponsorship and endorsement agreements.
- Counseling clients regarding the clearance, prosecution, registration, licensing and enforcement of copyrights, trademarks and publicity rights, and the IP aspects of mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances and asset purchases (including in connection with music catalog sales).
- Negotiating and drafting patent, trade secret, software, technology and data licensing agreements.
- Assisting clients with business entity formation, structuring and financing matters.
Prior to joining Dickinson Wright, Robert served as in-house music and video production and licensing counsel at Sony Interactive Entertainment where he supported the SIE Worldwide Studios game development business and PlayStation Network digital TV, film, video game and live event streaming services.
- Carleton College, B.A
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D.
Rate : $$$