Roxane A. Polidora is the firmwide leader of the firm’s Antitrust & Competition practice and the managing partner of the San Francisco office. Roxane represents clients in significant antitrust, unfair competition, and commercial litigation in California federal and state courts, and federal courts across the country.
She has extensive experience handling antitrust and unfair competition class action lawsuits, including complex multi-district litigation, as well as district attorney and state attorney general investigations and litigation.
Roxane has tried cases before juries, judges, and administrative tribunals and practices in a wide variety of industries, including electronics, technology, telecommunications, energy, retail and hospitality.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represent KEMET Corp. and TOKIN Corp., leading American manufacturers of capacitors in antitrust class actions in federal court, Northern District of California, alleging defendant manufacturers of capacitors conspired to fix prices.
- Represent KEMET Corp. and TOKIN Corp. in federal court, Northern District of California, in an alleged conspiracy to fix prices of inductors.
- Represent Home Depot in multi-defendant antitrust litigation in federal court, Northern District of California, alleging an unlawful boycott under the Sherman Act, California’s Cartwright Act and California’s Unfair Competition Law.
- Represented Dynegy in federal court multi-defendant antitrust class action litigation, alleging conspiracy among commercial gas marketers and pipelines; obtained dismissal of horizontal conspiracy claims and defeated class certification.
- Represented AT&T in consumer class action litigation in federal court, Northern District of California, alleging RICO and unfair competition claims relating to telecommunication services. Achieved favorable nationwide settlement.
- Represented First Health Services in unfair competition class actions in federal court, Central District of California, alleging pharmacy benefit managers violated the complex statutory and regulatory scheme governing the industry. Successfully moved to deny class certification.
- Represented a leading Japanese electronics manufacturer in antitrust class actions in federal court, Northern District of California, alleging conspiracy to fix prices. Obtained early dismissal based on lack of proof.
- Represented Mitsubishi defending class actions alleging the manufacturers conspired to fix prices of plastic additives in violation of California state antitrust laws and the Sherman Act. Obtained favorable nominal settlement.
- Represented paper manufacturer Kimberly Clark in San Francisco Superior Court in action alleging price-fixing conspiracy among paper manufacturers. Successfully settled after oral argument on plaintiffs’ motion for class certification.
- Provide antitrust and unfair competition advice and counsel to electronic manufacturers, energy companies, retailers, technology companies, educational institutions, college athletic conference and other clients.
- American Bar Association (Litigation and Antitrust Sections)
- District of Columbia Bar Association (Litigation and Antitrust Sections)
- Bar Association of San Francisco: Work/Life Balance Strategic Task Force, 2006
- Edward J. McFetridge American Inn of Court, San Francisco (Associate, 1995 – 1998, Barrister, 2004 – present)
- Kentfield Schools Foundation (Board Member, 2010 – 2013)
- San Francisco Committee on Jobs (Board Member, 2017 – 2018)
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 1988
- B.A., University of California, Davis, 1984
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit and District of Columbia Court of Appeals
Rate : $$$$