Safia A. Anand practices in the areas of Intellectual Property (IP) and Advertising, Marketing and Promotions, and has extensive experience across a broad range of industries, including fashion, cosmetics, children’s products, financial services, food, restaurant, and general consumer goods.
Her IP experience includes managing domestic and international trademark portfolios of all sizes and handling trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings. She counsels clients regarding the selection and maintenance of trademarks in the United States and throughout the world, and advises on copyright and domain name/website issues.
Safia routinely prepares and negotiates intellectual property agreements (including license, coexistence and website agreements). She also has experience in intellectual property litigation, including matters connected with trademarks, copyrights, right of publicity and anti-counterfeiting.
In addition to her IP work, Safia assists clients with legal compliance and enforcement issues related to advertising, marketing, promotions, and privacy matters.
Prior to joining Olshan, Safia was an associate in the Intellectual Property Department at Dreier LLP.
Professional & Community Affiliations:
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 2002
- Assistant Managing Editor, Journal of Law and Policy
- First Place, Nathan Burkan Memorial Competition, 2001
- Second Place, NYSBA Intellectual Property Section Writing Competition
- Co-Founder and Co-President, Brooklyn Entertainment Law Society
- B.A., with honors, Lafayette College, 1999
Rate : $$$