Sakina Rasheed Foster is a partner in the Finance Practice Group, and is located in the Dallas office of Haynes and Boone. Her practice is focused on the representation of financial institutions and borrowers in complex commercial loan transactions as well as airlines and aviation matters.
Sakina has experience in advising banks, private equity firms, corporations and individuals in connection with senior and subordinated financing, including drafting documentation and negotiating deal points for syndicated and single bank loan facilities, asset-based lending, acquisition financings, real estate construction loans, mortgage warehouse lending and loans secured by unique collateral, such as railcars and mortgage servicing rights.
Sakina’s work on aviation matters includes drafting and negotiating complex regional airline flying arrangements, aircraft and engine leases, purchase agreements, maintenance agreements and assignments of warranty obligations related to aircraft and engines. She has represented American Airlines, Inc. in connection with a number of capacity purchase agreements and related arrangements.
In addition, Sakina represents borrowers in intercreditor relationships and in subordinated financing transactions.
Sakina is a trusted advisor to her clients and works diligently to understand their businesses and crafts practical solutions to suit their needs. She earned her J.D. from The University of Texas in 2003 and her B.B.A. from Southern Methodist University in 2000.
- J.D., University of Texas at Austin School of Law, 2003
- B.B.A., Southern Methodist University, 2000, cum laude
ADMISSIONS : Texas, 2004
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES :
- Equal Access to Justice Campaign for the Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program, Co-Chair
- Dallas Asian American Bar Association, Former President and Director
- Dallas Bar Association Board, At-Large Director and Former Secretary-Treasurer
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Foundation Fellow
- Dallas Bar Association Fellow
- State Bar of Texas LeadershipSBOT, Class of 2013-2014
- American Muslim Professionals of Dallas, Former Advisory Director
- State Bar of Texas Lawyers’ Assistance Program Committee, Vice-Chair
Rate : $$$$