Samantha Picans is an associate in the Denver office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Intellectual Property & Technology Practice. She has experience with patent, trademark, and trade secret litigation in various federal district courts and the Federal Circuit, as well as related contract and other claims.
Her experience covers a broad range of technologies, including computer hardware, industrial manufacturing, consumer products, communications networks and devices, database structure and design, and software.
Ms. Picans also has significant experience in eDiscovery, which is increasingly necessary in IP cases. She served as a board member of the Denver chapter of Women in eDiscovery for two years. She uses her experience to maximize efficiency, reduce costs for clients, strategize review of documents collected from clients and received from other parties, and develop overall eDiscovery strategies on a case-by-case basis.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Ms. Picans worked in the IP litigation group of a national firm. Before that, she was an associate in a Colorado-based law firm where she gained experience in a wide range of practice areas.
Ms. Picans has also represented the best interests of children in protection order cases by serving as a guardian ad litem, represented victims of domestic abuse in divorce, custody, and protection order hearings while interning and volunteering at Colorado Legal Services in the Family and Children Unit, and mediated cases in Chicago courts serving as a mediator for a local nonprofit group during law school.
During her last year of law school, Ms. Picans served as the Executive Articles Editor on the Executive Board for the Northwestern Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property, managing all of the editing for the journal’s standard editions.
- Northwestern University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2012
- University of Central Florida,
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology, magna cum laude, 2008
- Bachelor of Arts, English Literature, magna cum laude, 2008
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, magna cum laude, 2008
- State Bar Admissions, Colorado
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Courts, United States District Court for the District of Colorado
Rate : $$$