Samuel R. Genovese is an associate in our Litigation Practice, based in the Dallas office. He specializes in data privacy and cybersecurity. Samuel has been developing data privacy and cybersecurity assessments, roadmaps and procedures for clients in the hospitality, retail, gaming, healthcare and financial services industries.
Samuel worked as a student lawyer for the Civil Legal Clinic at SMU Dedman School of Law. During his time at the Civil Legal Clinic, he wrote a brief to the Texas Supreme Court arguing for the denial of review of a petition – the court agreed and denied review. He also worked as a lawyer intern in the Property and Casualty Department at USAA.
- SMU Dedman School of Law, cum laude, 2017
- University of Maryland – College Park, B.A., 2012
Admissions : Texas, 2017
- Creating Incident Response Plans (IRPs) for clients concerning potential data breach analysis.
- Drafting client and industry specific tables, charts, manuals and policies regarding the duty to notify under the 47 state data breach laws and federal regulations (FTC, FCC, and SEC)
- Conducting interviews of employees as part of clients’ privacy assessments, information governance compliance programs and legally defensible e-discovery programs based on the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) benchmarking.
Rate : $$$$