Clients look to Scott MacGriff’s experience as a seasoned trial attorney with the Department of Justice, and prior Firm experience when it comes to complex legal problems. Scott has first-chaired countless complex litigation matters, and has argued a significant number of matters before both Federal and State trial and appellate courts.
Scott’s recent work at the Department of Justice not only involved government contract trials and related procurement fraud prosecution, as well as customs/importation fraud prosecutions, but also direct, meaningful and significant experience working with the most senior United States, International, Afghan, and military officials, in an international context. Recently, Scott completed a 36 month deployment to Afghanistan on behalf of the Department of Justice, including an 18 month tour as the Justice Attaché for the United States.
As Justice Attaché, Scott led the office of the Justice Attaché in an active conflict zone, and was responsible for managing the Department’s international criminal investigations and international capacity building efforts in Afghanistan.
Scott previously clerked For the Hon. James L. Ryan, United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
- Wentworth Military Academy, Associate of Arts
- University of Michigan, B.G.S., 1990
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, J.D., 1996
Bar & Court Admission:
- Federal District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Federal District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- Federal District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States Court of International Trade
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Michigan Bar Association
Rate : $$$